What to do after Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Feb 18 05:13:42 EST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> There are several possibilities, but I would suggest SQL as the second
> language.  It's incredibly useful AND when used well it urges you to
> think in very different ways from a sequential imperative language
> (such as Python, C, Java, ...) -- thus at the same time broadening
> your horizons AND providing you with LOTS of real-world returns.
>
> Similarly, for a THIRD language I would suggest some structured markup
> language such as XML (with XPath, XSLT...) or HTML (4.0, with its
> DOM).

I think he meant programming languages, not database query languages or
markup languages.

Java or C++ would probably be up his alley, depending on exactly what he
wanted to do with that further knowledge.

/  \ Human love is often but the encounter of two weaknesses.
\__/ Francois Mauriac
    Interstelen / http://www.interstelen.com/
 A multiplayer, strategic, turn-based Web game on an interstellar scale.