a few linux/unix related questions

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shaleh at valinux.com
Sat Feb 17 02:07:52 EST 2001

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 05:19:38PM +1100, Ben de Luca wrote:
> I was wondering how i catch various signals in nix python so i can exit my
> programs gracefully?

import signal

> also how might i start  another application then have two way communication
> between it's shell and the python program that started it?

os.popen() # just like in C

DESCRIPTION
       The  popen()  function opens a process by creating a pipe,
       forking, and invoking the shell.  Since a pipe is by defi-
       nition  unidirectional, the type argument may specify only
       reading or writing, not both; the resulting stream is cor-
       respondingly read-only or write-only.