What to do after Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Feb 18 15:42:31 EST 2001

Johann Hibschman wrote:

> C or C++ would at least help you understand how to manage your own
> memory and perhaps give you a better sense of what goes on in the guts
> of the machine.  Out of those, I'd recommend learning the basics of C
> first, because I find C++ very confusing.

Learning Standard C++ as Standard C++ as opposed to C with extra
features is a lot more straightforward.  For the new approaches to
learning C++ for its own sake, with emphasis on the modern features
which make it really powerful and surprisingly easy to use, check out
_Accelerated C++_ by Koenig and Moo.

/  \ I wonder if this grief will ever let me go
\__/ Sade
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.