vim and python

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Sun Feb 18 16:45:17 EST 2001

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 04:17:48PM +0000, Kevin Dahlhausen wrote:
> 'Pyf' is attempting to source the file using the embedded Python
> interpreter in Vim.  I don't know offhand if it contains different import
> hooks or if it plays with the PYTHONPATH.   I think of it as more for
> scripting Vim with Python that debugging Python code, although in theory
> what you're doing should work fine.    The first thing to try is running
> that python file from outside of Vim and see what happens.

It works fine outside Vim, hence the consternation.

> There was a short series of articles on Python / Vim here a few weeks
> ago.  When google puts the archives back up, you might check for 'Vim and
> Python Efficiently'

If it was just a few weeks ago, I probably have it archived somewhere, I'll
go digging.

> By the way, I commend your choice of editor and language!  :)

Thanks, it is definitely improving the the tendonitis problem, but
productivity has been slipping while I learn the new mode of
operation.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630