Python 1.5.2 and threads under SCO OpenServer 5.0.4

Ivan Raikov raikov at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 7 09:09:55 EST 2001

Greetings,

        I've been trying to get Python 1.5.2 to compile with thread
support under SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 (i586-pc-sco3.2v5.0.4), and finally
managed to get it (almost) working after I compiled it with GCC 2.95
and linked it against the GNU Pthreads library (pth-1.3.7).

        The problem is, that although most of the threading examples
in the 'Demo/threads' directory appear to be working, the script
called 'telnet.py' is having problems: once it connects, it receives
the login prompt from the server, but after the user name is sent, it
never receives the server's responses -- apparently after the
listening thread is created.

        I also haven't been able to get Zope to work; Medusa
appears to be running, and it does return an error message when I send
an invalid request, but for some reason I can never get a response
from Zope itself.

        So I was wondering if anyone has had similar difficulties
under this platform, and knows how to go about resolving them. Any
help is much appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Ivan Raikov

--
Ivan Raikov
800 Fowler Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30313-2554
Email: raikov at cc.gatech.edu