Alpha release of ZODB programming guide

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Thu Feb 8 12:19:17 EST 2001

ndev42 at yahoo.com said :

>Seems like you are exploring the namespace of ZO* words,
>so just to avoid a faux pas I'd point out that "zob" is a very
>rude word in french. Avoid naming a piece of software with anything
>close to that! :-)

Actually it is a (north-African) Arab word that has become very common in
colloquial French, meaning more or less "dick" (pardon my French :-).

>No kidding.

Indeed. As it is, both "ZOPE" and "ZODB" are close enough, phonetically,
when pronounced in French, as to be incomfortable in corporate settings.
This may sound trivial, but starting with "Python", a lot of valuable open
source software meets credibility problems over here that stem from
unfortunate (French-wise) naming choices. Curiously, "Perl" seems to come
across much more easily, which is very frustrating :-)

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/