Huuuuge memory leak (third attempt)

jurgen.defurne at philips.com jurgen.defurne at philips.com
Mon Feb 19 03:12:40 EST 2001

Thanks, everybody,

for the comments on the multiple assignment. Unfortunately,
that was the least of my problems.

I would urge everybody who runs Python 2.0 under Windows NT,
to try the following script :

<Begin code>
#

# External modules
import os
import sys

from time import *

if len(sys.argv) == 1:
    while 1:
	# Doesn't matter if P_NOWAIT or P_DETACH, tried 'em both
	os.spawnl(os.P_DETACH, 'd:\\python20\\python', 'python', 'cron.py', 'check')
elif sys.argv[1] == 'check':
    pass
<End code>

This is basically the core of a Python cron daemon (for Win), which is unfortunately unusable
at the moment because of the memory leak spawn seems to generate.

Who maintains the Win version of Python ? Maybe I should mail this to that person ?

Jurgen