use a news server? (was Re: python-dev summary, Jan. 16-31)

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Sat Feb 17 06:52:36 EST 2001

Michael Ströder wrote:
>And many people are sitting behind firewalls and do only have access
>to one general internal news server.

But I did mention that the newsgroup messages can still be
archived and made available via pipermail, so python-dev
access would be no worse than what there is now.

>BTW: This is the same discussion like splitting
>news:comp.lang.python. This has advantages and disadvantages.

Excepting there is already a proliferation of spun off
lists in python-dev (eg, to egroups).  So this is a suggestion
on how to pull them together in one place.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org