Unix's Zoo of Languages (Eric Raymond)

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Fri Feb 23 23:14:33 EST 2001

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/taoup/chapter3.html

Just thought some of those who like jousting in the lists of language
tournaments might find that chapter interesting.  I'd have liked some deeper
coverage of Ruby (which I rather like the look of as I read the new book,
but feel no desire to learn when I actually sit down to it) and Squeak, but
overall it's a fairly balanced feeling overview of the languages available
to the Unix person.  Would have been nice to include something of IDE
comparisons (GUI development and the like), but oh well.

The PSU's bribe money is obviously well spent ;) , Sun should learn
something from them :) .

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike