Upgrade? Why not?

Spicklemire, Jerry Jerry.Spicklemire at IFLYATA.COM
Thu Feb 15 17:09:20 EST 2001

Mark Hudson asked?

"Have you upgraded to Python 2.0?"

no (he stammered in mortification)

"If not, why not?"

Because I'm not a sysadmin, just a lowly coder.
It was hard enough to get Python installed and
compiled in the first place. Even though I do
stand up and hollar for a Zope upgrade when it
seems absolutely essential, if Python 1.5.2 is
good enough for the standard Zope distribution,
then as far as I can tell, "it ain't broke."

With that out of the way, let me assure all
that from my perspective the new developments
sound fabulous, wonderful, and seemingly have
the unimaginable effect of making Python even
more perfect. I was never very good at math or
physics, so I just tuck these little mysteries
into the same corner as time slowing to a crawl
at the center of a black hole. Even though I
can't imagine how it's possible, it is such a
kick to watch it happen. Have you folks ever
thought of doing a time-lapse photo thingy on
the Python development process?

Later,
Jerry S.