PyQt file locations

Aaron Ginn aaron.ginn at motorola.com
Tue Feb 27 17:24:08 EST 2001

Bruce Wolk <bawolk at ucdavis.edu> writes:

> I installed the PyQt bindings and SIP on my RH 6.2 Linux system.
> Everything compiled quite nicely.  But the files do not appear to have
> been placed in the correct subdirectories.  None of the samples will
> run.  Where should the qt directory containing qt.py be located?  I
> tried moving it to the site-packages directory, but that didn't work.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bruce

Here's what's in my site-packages directory:

ginn at coronado ginn $ ls python-2.0/lib/python2.0/site-packages/
README                libqtcmodule-2.3.so*  libqtcmodule.so@      qt.pyc
eric/                 libqtcmodule.la*      qt.py                 qt.pyo

You can't simply move the qt directory there, as there are many more
files than what are in my site-packages directory.  Shouldn't 'make
install' have taken care of this for you?  What happened when you did
a make install?

--
Aaron J. Ginn                    Phone: 480-814-4463
Motorola SemiCustom Solutions    Pager: 877-586-2318
Chandler, AZ 85226 M/D CH260     mailto:aaron.ginn at motorola.com