nested scopes

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 07:57:52 EST 2001

Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> Is it really true that J Hylton's nested scopes will cause code like
>
> def bingo():
>   from string import *
>
> to be declared bad?

I'm not sure about how hard a requirement it is.  It is illegal in
current CVS and probably will be in 2.1a2.  Subsequent enormous howls
of protest might result in a more gentle solution.  We shall see.

Cheers,
M.

--
  I have a cat, so I know that when she digs her very sharp claws into
  my chest or stomach it's really a sign of affection, but I don't see