ADO/ODBC call via Python/IIS

David Fuess fuess at att.net
Wed Feb 7 20:50:55 EST 2001

Here is the beginning of my SQL Server class:

class Database:
   def __init__(self,Name,Server="Default",Arg=""):
      self.adoConn = None
      self.adoRS = None
      self.RecordCount = 0
      self.eof = 1
      self.ConnectString = "database=%s;driver={SQL
Server};QueryTimeout=300;server=%s;uid=sa%s"%(Name,Server,Arg)
      self.Schema = {}
      if AutoOpenOnInit:
         self.Open(Name)

   def Open(self,Name):
      if self.adoConn is not None:
         self.Close()
      self.adoConn = win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection')
      self.adoConn.CursorLocation = 3
      self.adoConn.CommandTimeout = 900
      self.adoConn.Open(self.ConnectString)
      if AutoloadSchema:
         self.LoadSchema()

And so on ...

I use it regularly to connect to SQL Server Databases. It is DSNless
in that it attaches directly to SQL Server without any specific DSN
assignments. It has nothing to do with IIS, only ADO.

Dave