Suffering For Your Art

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Feb 23 11:48:23 EST 2001

Ben wrote:

> Is it just me or is there a lot of animosity towards Python as a
> serious
> programming language ... it seems to be an old school attitude that
> if you
> do not have to struggle and suffer with an idiosyncratic, unintuitive
> programming syntax then it cannot possibly be a powerful language.

Some people don't want to use a new language no matter what,
particularly if their repertoire is limited and they're inexperienced.
You'll find that experienced programmers know a lot of languages, and
adding another one to their belt is a welcomed experience rather than a
feared one.

/  \ Winners are men who have dedicated their whole lives to winning.
\__/ Woody Hayes
    Esperanto reference / http://mirror/alcyone/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.