"in" for dicts (was: Python 2.1 function attributes)

Quinn Dunkan quinn at retch.ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Feb 6 16:32:04 EST 2001

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:08:17 -0800, Nathaniel Gray
<n8gray at caltech.edu.is.my.email.address> wrote:
>If the resulting code can fit in the 256 KB onboard the Khepera mobile
>robot, I'm there!

I've been mentioning lua too many times lately, but this seems appropriate:
lua is about 100K, the std libraries add an additional 60K.  Without the
stdlib, it has very few posix dependencies, so you won't need huge posix
libraries linked in either.  It ought to fit in about 200K, with some left for
the actual bytecode.

lua is very python-like (in fact, I wonder if some aspects, such as the
debugging api, weren't inspired by python).  Porting ought to be a breeze
(unless you used lots of fancy python modules).

And it would be much easier to make the case for it just being a C utility
library w/ special notation :)