missing modules in BeOpen-Python-2.0?

Glenn W Jackman glennj at pcard31e.ca.nortel.com
Sun Feb 18 12:44:29 EST 2001

Aahz Maruch wrote:

>>>You need to compile them.  Check the README.
>>
>>I don't want to sound beligerant, but why should I have to compile
>>these modules?  This release includes many modules in
>>/usr/local/lib/python2.0/lib-dynload, including gdbm (but not dbm?)
>
>IIRC, these modules are unavailable on Windows, so they're not compiled
>by default.

According to the global module index for BeOpen-Python-2.0, there are
20 modules specific to "unix",
    CGIHTTPServer, commands, crypt, dbm, dl, fcntl, gdbm, grp, nis,
    pipes, posix, posixfile, pwd, readline, resource, rlcompleter,
    syslog, TERMIOS, termios, tty
and only the 4 mentioned are missing.  Of the existing 16 in the
distribution, 8 of them exist in the lib-dynload directory.
    fcntl, gdbm, grp, pwd, readline, resource, syslog, termios
So a bunch have come already compiled.

--
Glenn