Changing Fonts in IDLE-0.5

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Feb 14 15:45:32 EST 2001

Jeff Stephens <jsteve17 at tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> Well, this seems to be trying to work, except that I think that the
> syntax for selecting the font must be off.  Here is the error I get
> after commenting out the "if sys.platform...." statement:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "./idle.py", line 2, in ?
>     import PyShell
>   File "./PyShell.py", line 15, in ?
>     from EditorWindow import EditorWindow, fixwordbreaks
>   File "./EditorWindow.py", line 142
>     text['font'] = ("times adobe", 14)
>     ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

You might want to include a snippet of what the file actually looks
like after your changes, including a few of the surrounding lines -
there may be an indentation problem depending on what precisely you
commented out.  Make sure that your new line is at the same
indentation level as the surrounding lines (and to be safe only use
spaces, don't try to mix in tabs).

--
-- David