how to unimport something

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shaleh at valinux.com
Sun Feb 18 04:19:12 EST 2001

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 06:15:00PM +1000, s713221 at student.gu.edu.au wrote:

> Mind you, you may want to post to the group an example of what you're
> doing. Importing modules can take some time to load in, they may be able
> to suggest a more efficient and safer method than module swapping to do
> what it is you're trying to do.

application does this:

init
do step A (takes some time)
do step B (takes even longer)
do step C (not that long)

each step is decently independent of the previous.  I plan to have A, B and C
implemented as separate modules (perhaps several for each step) and load each
as I need them.

Not every run of the program will reach all three, but most will.

It is possible for each step to take as long as a day or two (it could be given
a thousand files to munge).