What to do after Python?

bowman bowman at montana.com
Sun Feb 18 16:39:06 EST 2001

Sheila King <sheila at spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:76c09t8omgga576dlsmnaapmqd8is3mjlt at 4ax.com...
> I realize that you were writing this, all tongue in cheek, but a newbie
who
> asked the original question, might not pick up on that. The next thing you
> know, he will be asking, "What are registers?" and wondering why he should
> know how many a machine has.

I recently exposed a coworker to the joys of 8051 programming. It gets even
better when the newbie realizes not only does he have to be familiar with
the registers, he also needs to know each bit in every SFR does, as well as
knowing which SFRs are actually implemented in that particular chip.

Or even better, i threw together an AVR disassembler in Python last month --
one has to get intimate with what each bit in the word means.