Perl-to-Python converter/translator?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Thu Feb 1 00:15:29 EST 2001

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:00:51 GMT, Lance Sloan <lsloan00 at my-deja.com> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <959jsd$njn$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>:

:I'm an experienced Perl programmer who has just been assigned
:a project that must be done in Python.  I'm looking for a
:Perl-to-Python translator to help me out.  I don't expect to
:write the whole project in Perl and translate it, though.  I'm
:just looking for some automation to help me see how my old work
:could be done in Python.

I've translated a single Perl script (written by someone else) to Python. If
it helps you at all, you can see it here:
http://www.aota.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001491-1.html

I would recommend that you read through the Python Tutorial as a start, and
then look at the Library Reference. You should be able to work through the
tutorial in short order, and then browse the Library Reference on an as-needed
basis. The tutorial may seem simple, but it will get you jump started and
won't take long..

http://www.python.org/doc/

--
Sheila King