[ANN] py2exe - new version
thomas.heller at ion-tof.com
Thu Feb 15 14:46:56 CET 2001
"Robin Becker" <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:4$+f4LAHq7i6Ew1H at jessikat.demon.co.uk...
> I've not tried this yet, but what about using the checking stuff from
> Gordon McMillan's Installer.
It IS in fact based on the same code than Gordon's installer,
which is tools\freeze\modulefinder...
> The only problems that I've been getting
> using it are reasonably unusual. In particular it has problems with
> package\_init__.py contains
> from bingo import BINGO
> as it when it sees 'from package import BINGO' it doesn't know to look
> in bingo.py
... and so it has the same problems with your example. Thanks for pointing
this out! I will look into this.
> Gordon's compressed import packages are really neat and I hacked the c
> stuff to clean up more aggressively so users don't see any dlls lying
> about after use.
The reason I wrote py2exe are:
- Integration with distutils seems natural for me
- There _have_ been some problems with installer and python 2.0
(maybe they are solved in th meantime).
- There _have_ been problems with compiled extensions contained
- There are still (?) problems with win32all/win32com
- Writing code myself is always more fun than hacking other's code
- maybe others I don' remeber at the moment
More information about the Python-list