Python 2.1 release schedule

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 05:26:10 EST 2001

Tom Loredo wrote:
> Is it yet settled which of the Python unit test frameworks this
> will be?

Fredrik Lundh replied:
> doctest.py (already in the repository, since it's cool)
> PyUnit.py (by BDFL decree, since his employer was already using it)

Yeh! (you'll have to imagine me shouting that whilst raising my arms in
the air, as our two year old does when he gets good news - or perhaps
you'd rather not).

doctest is really neat (I've finally managed to get round to using it) -
having *just* changed the names of a handful of variables in some source
code, it's very nice to be able to run the module "at itself" and have
it tell me it's still working... (well, as much as it was before,
anyway!)

I guess now I'll have to bite the bullet and learn how to use PyUnit as
well.

Tibs
Give a pedant an inch and they'll take 25.4mm
(once they've established you're talking a post-1959 inch, of course)