Python/ASP Docs/Questions

Syver Enstad syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com
Thu Feb 15 07:51:20 EST 2001

"Dave Rogers" <rogersd at bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> My two main problems are:
> b) There is some process I can kill or restart (I tried WWW Publishing
service) that will knock everything out of memory
net stop w3svc works fine on my box (and then start of course)

You can also push the unload button in the application properties.

> 2) I want to set cookies easily using Response.  I would like to go
Response.Cookies('name') = 'bob' (for a simple cookie), but instead I am
forced to go

Here is an example of using the cookies collection:
    Response.Cookies[name] = value
    # the root for this application
    Response.Cookies(name).path = "/v2/" + path + "/"
    import time
    ctime = time.mktime([2033, 11, 8, 12, 4, 14, 2, 313, 0])
    Response.Cookies(name).Expires = cwutils.MakeComTime(ctime)

> P.S. One of the neatest things I've seen is Chuck Esterbrook's MiddleKit
which was just released under Webware (http://webware.sourceforge.net).
What it does is allow you to map your python objects to a database for
design and run time access.  What this means is that you can relate your
objects in a 1 to 1 or 1 to many relationship and the MiddleKit will service
all of your SQL needs - you do NOT write SQL or use recordsets.  Once you
acquire one or more objects from the database, you can follow their object
references to other database objects.  In fact I have abandoned ADO in favor
of this middle layer which resides in between the database and my web site.
I probably didn't do it justice but you'll just have to check it out.