Specifying links in Python-URL bulletin

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Wed Feb 21 05:56:11 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, [iso-8859-1] Hamish Lawson wrote:
> The recent acquiring of the Deja service by Google will have given the
> compiler of the Python-URL some headaches in trying to create links to

   I was invited to be the editor 1 (one!) day before Google announced the
deal! The day I started the job Deja interface worked and I collected some
links. Next day I wanted to continue... Guess what I found on deja.com? :)))

> Usenet items. I applaud the inventive solution using appropriate search
> terms for Google Groups, as in the example below.
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Dustin+Boswell+how+to+compile+https+support+into+Python2.0&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=1&ic=1

   :)))

> However, aside from the funky coloured highlighting which decorates the
> resulting message (and which some might regard as added value!), I
> wonder if there's the possibility that such a search may return
> multiple results or the wrong result.
>
> Instead it's possible to specify a particular message in Google Groups:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:comp.lang.python&seld=925202150&ic=1

   My short experience showed that these "seld" values changed after some
time. If you repeat yor search next day, e.g. :(