ok, so how do I return a sorted list without doing it in place

Timothy Grant tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Fri Feb 16 19:20:24 EST 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 04:04:10PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> I know I can do:
>
> list = dict.keys()
> list.sort()
>
> but it is just plain annoying.

I agree. This has bitten me on the butt more than once. It also seems
somewhat unPythonic. Usually I expect what happens in Python, but that
sort process always strikes me as unexpected.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630