Image Capture And Processing

Bill Funk bfunk33 at qwest.NOSPAM.net.invalid.net.com.gov
Wed Feb 7 20:22:16 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:23:19 -0500, "MrBill" <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

>I would like to capture and process images from my USB connected Logitech
>digicam.
>
>Does anyone know where I would start to acquire images from the camera and
>control it from python (or any other programming environment).  I'm running
>on windoze 2000.
>
>Thanks,
>--
>Bill Rodgers

While I don't have that particular camera, a good place to start would
be with the bundled software.
Did you get any?
If so, there should be help files or a manual.
If not, you will need to find a way to *see* the camera, and to do
this with USB usually requires the right drivers for both the camera
and the OS. Often, these can be downloaded from the camera maker's
site on the Web.

Or, if the camera has removable media, some sort of reader for the
media wil make things immensly easier. For most of us, a USB reader is
going to be the fastest/easiest. These make the memory card look like
a removable drive (like a floppy), and you can use Windows Explorer to
copy the image files to your hard drive.
>From there, any graphics program can access the files, and you are
set!