PEP status and python-dev summaries

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Sun Feb 11 21:32:01 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:14:33 -0500 (EST),
	Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>The PEPs are kept under CVS control, which supports differencing
>directly.  So you can read the current PEPs via python.sourceforge.net
>and you can review changes using the CVS repository at
>sourceforge.net/projects/python.

Following up to a posted PEP and adding interspersed comments is much
easier if the full text of the PEP is posted; any mail or news reader
probably has a single keystore for it.  If the only thing posted is
the URL, then it requires more steps to do that by hand-- pull up the
PEP in your Web browser, get an ASCII version (what the poor benighted
souls who use Netscape do to get plain text, I don't know), insert '>'
at the start of every line, annotate it, etc.  IMHO the full text of
every PEP should have been posted at least once in the PEP's lifetime.

--amk