Python training in Finland?

Mats Wichmann xyzmats at laplaza.org
Tue Feb 27 12:17:04 EST 2001

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 05:25:20 GMT, Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com>
wrote:

>On 20 Feb 2001 14:25:26 GMT, ohyvarin at cc.helsinki.fi (Otto T Hyvarinen) wrote:
>
>>We starting to use more Python in our department.  So we are looking for
>>someone to teach us something :-)
>
>I suggest that you use the inability of a software person to
>learn Python without training as a good indicator that you
>need to let them go. Anyone who can't pick up Python on
>their own is beyond redemption.

That's a pretty harsh statement.  Yes, Python is "easy to learn".  I'm
not convinced that it's easy for /everyone/ to become quickly
productive in Python, however.  I hear from folks who have a project
to start, and they don't want to wait while the participants learn
Python at various different rates to varying degrees of effectiveness.
There's room for training programs, although they're clearly not for
everyone - this newsgroup being a testament to that!

(Otto: sorry I can't offer to help, my parents reserved Finnish as the
"private" language in the house, I grew up speaking Swedish instead)