DOM creation

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath rvprasad at cis.ksu.edu
Sun Feb 11 20:46:34 EST 2001

Hi,

I have a question on how DOM for a XML document conforming to DOM 2 should be
constructed?

Now if there are no namespaces specified in the document then should attributes
be added to DOM using
setAttributeNS('', Name, Value)
or
setAttribute(Name, Value)?

The problem I am facing is when reading in a XML document with no explicit
namespace specified in it through PyXML the attributes are added to the DOM
using setAttributeNS with an empty NameSpace.  So, I wanted to clarify if this
is a problem with PyXML or is this how other DOM Constructors work.

waiting for reply,

--
Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath