do...while loops

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Tue Feb 6 15:41:14 EST 2001

Jay O'Connor (joconnor at cybermesa.com) wrote:
> I was just trying to think of a practical (?) use for doing a "while"
> loop with a number other than 1

It could make sense if the "increment" operation were something tricky
and convoluted. I dunno, maybe something like

x = some_value
while x > some_threshold:
  do stuff with x
  x = 0.8 ** math.cos(x)

If the series of x values can't easily be generated by plugging a
sequence of integers into a function, then you might have a case for
using while. You'd be lucky, though, if your terminating condition
were as simple as x != 0.

--
import string,time,os;print string.join((lambda x:x[:10]+x[8:])(map(
lambda x:string.center("*"*(lambda x:((x<24) ### Seasons Greetings, Will Ware