Togl cannot be loaded

SC Zhong sai at dft.chem.cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Feb 22 21:36:49 EST 2001

Dear all,

I have an application which use the togl extension
of Tk through python.  I tried to compile python
again with the activation of the togl extension
in the Modules/Setup file.  But somehow the togl
cannot be loaded:

>>> from Tkinter import *
>>> mst = Tk()
>>> mst.tk.call('package','require', 'Togl')
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
TclError: can't find package Togl

There are no compiling errors.  I also searched a lot but
couldn't find some useful documentation of this 'module'.
I have python1.5.2 and on SGI.  The relevant part of the Setup file is:

# *** Always uncomment this (leave the leading underscore in!):
 _tkinter _tkinter.c tkappinit.c -DWITH_APPINIT \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your Tcl/Tk headers are:
        -I/usr/freeware/include \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 header files are:
        -I/usr/include/X11 \
# *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
#       -I/usr/openwin/include \
# *** Uncomment and edit for Tix extension only:
#       -DWITH_TIX -ltix4.1.8.0 \
# *** Uncomment and edit for BLT extension only:
        -DWITH_BLT -I/usr/local/blt2.4u -I/usr/local/blt2.4u/src -lBLT24 \
# *** Uncomment and edit for PIL (TkImaging) extension only:
#       -DWITH_PIL -I../Extensions/Imaging/libImaging  tkImaging.c \
# *** Uncomment and edit for TOGL extension only:
        -DWITH_TOGL togl.c \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your Tcl/Tk libraries are:
        -L/usr/freeware/lib \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect your Tcl/Tk versions:
        -ltk8.0 -ltcl8.0 \
# *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 libraries are:
        -L/usr/lib \
# *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
#       -L/usr/openwin/lib \
# *** Uncomment these for TOGL extension only:
        -lGL -lGLU -lXext -lXmu \
# *** Uncomment for AIX:
#       -lld \
# *** Always uncomment this; X11 libraries to link with:
        -lX11

thanks for your help
sc zhong