Standalone applications

jurgen.defurne at philips.com jurgen.defurne at philips.com
Wed Feb 7 02:42:51 EST 2001

Basically, what you are trying to do here is the same that Clipper did way back.
THe minumum program we could get with it was 100kB. If it took the database
library and the advanced stuff, we got executables between 350kB and 700 kB.
What it did have, was that once most libraries were in it, the programs expanded
less rapid.

Does freeze compile everything to C and then to binary ? Shouldn't there
be a way that you can create an executable, which consists of two parts :
- the first part being code and libraries
- the second part a data part, which consists of all byte codes needed

Jurgen

paulus132 at my-deja.com@SMTP at python.org on 06/02/2001 17:03:11
Sent by:	python-list-admin at python.org