interfaces?

Terrel Shumway tshumway at transafari.com
Fri Feb 2 09:28:53 EST 2001

drewpc at colorado.edu wrote:

> that I think that, one of the only useful features of Java is the idea
> of an interface.

Interfaces are good, but they are only a first step.  In Java, you can
declare an interface, and you can claim that a class implements that
interface, but that is all the support that the language provides.

The question is: as a client, do you believe that claim, just because
it has the right method signatures?  The most effective way I have
seen to know this is to test it.

See http://junit.org/ and http://pyunit.sourceforge.net/  for starting
points.

BTW: Unit testing even works for assembly language. :-)

    if-it-is-worth-implementing-it-is-worth-testing-ly yours,
        Terrel