TKInter installation problems

guy bashan bashanguy at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 17:29:41 EST 2001

Hello,

I have just installed the ActiveState Komodo. I thought that the tkinter
package should be already included in the ActivePython, but when I tried
running some simple samlpe demo using the tkinter, it wrote me that I'm
missing: tcl83.dll.  After a little search I downloaded the PythonWare
package, which should have the tkinter in it. The PythonWare looks pretty
much like the ActivePython, but it really did include the missing DLL. after
copying the requested DLL to the folder of the ActivePython (under the DLL
folder), I tried running the sample again, but encountered some weird long
sequence of errors, and at the end got a message that the TCL is probably
not installed well . . .     What have I done wrong ???

thanks in advance,
Guy Bashan.
bashan at newmail.net