What to do after Python?

RPM1 rpm1deleteme at frontiernet.net
Sun Feb 18 09:40:22 EST 2001

For a job: C, C++, Java, Visual Basic (yuk).  Java would probably be the
easiest transition from Python.  If you are sure you'll want to learn C in
the future, then you should start with C first.  It's not that hard.  It's
actually a smaller language than any of the others.  The drawbacks with C
are no GUI built in and more importantly no safety features.  C's strongest
feature is that you can do anything you want... that's also its biggest
problem.  I think you'll get 'spoiled' if you learn Java first.

Patrick Mullhaupt, (C programmer)