python-dev summary, Jan. 16-31

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Feb 16 04:41:53 EST 2001

[Andrew Dalke]
> Needless to say, I am not a member so I can't even see the
> archives of this thread.  And there is no way I'm going to
> give Yahoo and their mutable terms of services my email
> address and other personal data.  I'ld rather just complain
> annoyingly to c.l.py :)

I liked life better when language changes were slugged out on c.l.py.  There
are soooooo many archives and semi-private mailing lists and utterly pvt
emails now-- and all of them, like this msg, with useless Subject lines --I
just don't know where to look anymore either.  And I spend hours on this
stuff every day of my miserable life.

But, there's so much traffic on Python-Dev alone that I doubt Guido can
afford to spend significant time on c.l.py anymore, and he's been pushing to
move discussions to venues like egroups for at least a year.

If I ever get time to write a PEP, I'll go back to slugging it out on
c.l.py.  But people will complain about that too -- they did before, and I
doubt that human nature is changing as quickly as Python <0.9 wink>.

That said, giving Yahoo an email address isn't going to ruin your credit
rating, and you can lie about everything else.

no-payback-in-being-unique<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim