XML Schema?

Uche Ogbuji uche at ogbuji.net
Mon Feb 19 19:53:54 EST 2001

Adam Logghe wrote:

> I haven't seen a Python schema validator yet.
>
> I would think that if anyone would know it would be the XML-SIG mailing list
> and the 4suite.org people.
>
> 4suite has the most complete standard XML toolset in Python I've seen yet,
> I've been VERY pleased.
>
> I suspect that Schema is not far enough along yet for serious
> implementation??

We've just ben talking about this on XML-SIG.

The main problem seems to be that it's pretty hard to find someone who
likes XML Schemas enough to begin implementing it.  I personally dislike
the spec.  I prefer Schematron, TREX, RELAX, HOOK, etc.

However, given the number of other specs beginning to depend on XSchema,
I don't suppose we'll have much choice.  Probably post 4Suite 1.0.

For now Henry Thomson's XSV package is the only option for Pythoneers
looking for XSchemas.  (No wonder he's an XSchema fan: he's on the
working group).

Thanks for the kind words about 4Suite, though.  Don't miss the 0.10.2
release we just put out.  *Many* bug-fixes.

--
Uche Ogbuji
Personal:   uche at ogbuji.net		http://uche.ogbuji.net