Python emacs mode (newbie)

syvere at cyberwatcher.com syvere at cyberwatcher.com
Sun Feb 18 16:32:35 EST 2001

Kai.Grossjohann at CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?=) writes:

> > Oh, I'm sorry.  With M-x find-file-at-point RET, you could type it
> on the `import MyClass' statement above and then you'll get a
> default filename prompt of /some/path/here/MyClass.py.

You mean this is implemented, or do you mean I'll have to implement this
to support ffap?

I am not with you here, what are you trying to say.
> But ffap.el does not provide for a facility where you can enter a
> module name and then it opens the right file.
>
> Hm.
>
> But it would be trivial to do: C-x b foo RET, M-x pytho
> n-mode RET, type in the module name, type M-x find-file-at-point
> RET, voilà!  I am not that familiar with Emacs, so... You the
> current buffer to display the foo file, activate python-mode, type a
> python module name in the buffer, you use the ffap function
> find-file-at-point?

Are suggesting that one could in someway override the implementation of
find-file-at-point for python mode so that it also works on modulens?

By the way the python module loading seems to work fine on my machine
now. But I am trying to get pdb to work from Emacs and I don't seem to
have any luck with it. PS. I am running on Win2000 with NT Emacs. Any
help on getting pdb up and running would be very much appreciated.