TKInter installation problems

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at effbot.org
Mon Feb 5 12:56:40 EST 2001

guy bashan wrote:
> missing: tcl83.dll.  After a little search I downloaded the PythonWare
> package, which should have the tkinter in it. The PythonWare looks pretty
> much like the ActivePython, but it really did include the missing DLL. after
> copying the requested DLL to the folder of the ActivePython (under the DLL
> folder), I tried running the sample again, but encountered some weird long
> sequence of errors, and at the end got a message that the TCL is probably
> not installed well . . .     What have I done wrong ???

you need tcl83.dll, tk83.dll, and also the tcl/tk library files (they're
in the tcl subdirectory in the PY20 distribution).  see our install faq
for some clues on where to put them:

    http://www.pythonware.com/products/tkinter/faq.htm

or you could get scriptics tcl/tk installer, and pray that activestate's
distro will find the dlls if they're installed in the default location:

    http://dev.scriptics.com/

hope this helps!

Cheers /F

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->