Some basic questions about Tkinter (probably v easy for experts!)

Martyn Quick mrq at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 09:40:45 EST 2001

On 7 Feb 2001, Neil Cerutti wrote:

> For the rest of your questions, the easiest thing will be to
> read:
>
>  http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/

As I said in my reply to Fredrik Lundh's answer, I did *try* to read this,
but unfortunately I found it rather difficult.  It doesn't actually seem
to be aimed at beginners who are new to Object Oriented Programming.

> In particular, read Section 1, "Introducing Tkinter". But don't
> only read it; also open a Python interpreter (a simple CLI will
> work best), and type in the examples as they appear in the
> manual.

What's a CLI?

Martyn

Dr. Martyn Quick  (Research Fellow in Pure Mathematics)
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK.
http://www.mat.bham.ac.uk/M.R.Quick