locking files

Joseph Holland King insanc at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 20 18:55:54 EST 2001

is there anyway to lock a file so that two different programs cannot access
the file at the same time. ie, my python module is editting file foo, and
at the same time user x (or program x) tries to read from it. is there
anyway that the python module can prevent x from accessing the file for
a given amount of time?

--
---
Joseph Holland King  | "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our