Python should have a IDE like this...

Jeff Epler jepler at inetnebr.com
Wed Feb 14 22:30:41 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:46:52 GMT, Will Ware
 <wware at world.std.com> wrote:
>D-Man (dsh8290 at rit.edu) wrote:
>> Glade+libglade is a really cool way to build a GUI.
>
>Doesn't Glade only produce C code? I suppose you could make calls
>to Python from C, but it'd be cool if a GUI builder produced Python
>directly. Unless I've misunderstood Glade, and it already does this?
>That would be very cool.

When using python+libglade, you read in the xml-format .glade file from
disk.  I seem to recall another package which generated Python source
code instead, but I don't know what advantages doing this has over
reading the xml format.  (For instance, you can let a user replace your
whole UI by replacing the .glade file, so long as they use the proper
widget names)

Jeff