Changing Fonts in IDLE-0.5

Martin Franklin martin.franklin at westerngeco.com
Wed Feb 14 03:33:09 EST 2001

With idle 0.5 you should take a look around line 141 in
EditorWindow.py

change this.....

if sys.platform[:3] == 'win':
    text['font'] = ("lucida console", 8)

to just this.....

text['font'] = ("Courier ", 24)

24 may be a little too big but you get the idea.

You should consider upgrading to python 2.0 and idle 0.6

Martin.