[Q] how to protect python program from decompilation

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Sun Feb 18 15:20:56 EST 2001

On 18 Feb 2001 11:43:49 -0800, aahz at panix.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:
> Just to be clear, this solution only protects you from software hackers.
> Hardware hackers can still break just about anything.

Well, hardware can be much nastier. Have something which destroys itself
when opened forcefully. Not really beyond the state of art today to do
such things, but it is costly. Of course, *really* good hardware hackers
can break that too, but I don't think there are too many of those.
OTOH, script-kiddies with debuggers and too much free time are a dime
a dozen.
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,