custom gui?

Bryan Mongeau bryan at eevolved.com
Mon Feb 19 21:59:18 EST 2001

akhar wrote:

> How would I go about doing my own GUI? By that I mean what library do I
> use pyQT, pyGTK, pyWxWindows or tkinter? and By custom I mean changing
> where the open and close buttons are (appearance), how windows open and
> shut (location), have clipboards ... I am prepared to program but don<t
> know where to start .
> regards
> stephane

One more that may be hidden:

FOX: (Free objects for X)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fxpy

Having used all of the above GUI kits, I would recommend pyQT if you never
intend to make Windows sofware. Otherwise, its licensing is such as to
preclude you from ever releasing free software on that platform. Fox is
LGPL and will do everything you need. It's just a little trickier than in
QT.

Check out the "themes" example in the pyQT bundle. That should give you a
kickstart.

--
Bryan Mongeau

"Scientific beliefs are supported by evidence, and they get results. Myths
and faiths are not and do not" -- Richard Dawkins