CPAN functionality for python

Doug Hellmann doughellmann at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 13 08:21:36 EST 2001

In article <buai6.64783$m5.3620776 at news1.rdc1.ga.home.com>, "Doug
Hellmann" <doughellmann at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> The server is going to have to keep up with what modules are available,
> and all the meta data about those modules (version, dependencies,
> description, location, etc.).
>
> That information needs to be available on all mirror sites in order for
> the mirror sites to be useful.  It is not enough to mirror some web
> pages, the database needs to be mirrored to support the custom client
> search mechanism.

Hmm.  Maybe that's not true.

Can we learn something from the P2P networks that are springing up all
over the place?  What if the server software knew how to talk other
servers running the same software as though they were clients. Dunno if
that would be more/less efficient than mirroring the data somehow.

Doug