python-dev summary, Jan. 16-31

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Thu Feb 8 11:38:08 EST 2001

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> writes:

> To me, this makes it crystal clear that the summaries aren't achieving
> their goal of making the development process more transparent to the
> community.  Perhaps giving the PEPs higher visibility -- posting

The fact that there are people who read neither the PEPs nor the
summaries doesn't prove that the summaries aren't useful. I have
always read them with much interest, since I don't have the time at
the moment to follow the development in detail. And I would have
shouted out loud if I had noticed a tendency that looks dangerous to
me - it just hasn't happened.

So personally I hope that someone will take up the job of providing
development summaries in the future. And I'd like to thank Andrew
for having done so for many months already.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr