Getting Value From Tkinter Text Object

Scott Billings billings at eudoramail.com
Wed Feb 14 20:06:13 EST 2001

I have an app, in which I need to get the entire contents of a Tkinter Text
object. It will be of an arbitrary length.

The only option I can find that even seems to be close to what I want, is
the get() method, which expects a starting and ending point. Starting point
should be easy enough, but I have no way of knowing what the ending point
will be.

Is there some other method for Text objects that I can use, that has a
similar function to the Entry object's get() method?
--
-Scott-