Ftplib

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 28 10:17:16 EST 2001

"Andrea Ciuffoli" <ACIUFFO1 at irf.com> wrote in message
Hello,
I am using the "Ftplib" library to connect my PC to an FTP server, list all
the files of a specific directory and transfer only the ones created in the
last hour.
My problem is that the command

ftp.retrlines('LIST',listing.append)

appends in listing some information about the file but I noticed that if the
file is created in 2001 doesn't store the year among the information while
if it is created in 2000 or before doesn't stores the year but not the time.
e.g.

-rwxrwxrwx  1 noone    nogroup     40889 Dec 26 1999 1.txt
-rwxrwxrwx  1 noone    nogroup     40889 Dec 26 2000 2.txt
-rwxrwxrwx  1 noone    nogroup     40889 Jan  5 2000 3.txt
-rwxrwxrwx  1 noone    no group     81630 Feb  5 12:12 4.tat
-rwxrwxrwx  1 noone    no group     81630 Feb  5 12:12 5.tat
-rwxrwxrwx  1 noone    no group     19456 Feb  8 15:27 6.tat

The last 3 files were created in 2001.
I was wondering is it is possible to have either Time and Year.
Are there some example on how the "Ftplib" commands work?

Thanks in advance and my best regards,
Andrea.

Take a look at the ftpmirror.py script in the Tools distribution directory.
It handles this problem quite well, and may even do everything you want to
do.

regards
 Steve