Comparison with Ruby ?

Kemp Randy-W18971 Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com
Wed Feb 21 16:14:06 EST 2001

If you go to www.rubycentral.com, you will find all you need to know about Ruby.  If you go to www.python.org or www.activestate.com, you will find all you need to know about Python.  Ruby is very popular in Japan, but has not caught on as big in other parts of the world.  Perl is only popular because it was at the right place at the right time with web usage.  It's hard to predict what will catch on.  Are you implying we might be singing a revamped Rolling Stones song Rube Tuesday?  How do the words go?
  "Goodbye to programming with Ruby on Tuesday.
  Python's the name for all that's new,
  Since Perl changes with every new release day,
  I'm not going to miss you."